rain, flat tires, and a vanilla milkshake


Wow,

This word pretty much sums up the cumulative adventures of the last several days. A roller coaster of fun with friends and a sinking feeling that settles in your stomach when you are about to do something you are a bit unsure of. No worries though, I was still pleasantly stuffed with cake from a farewell social they put together for me at work.

I say this all the time and I every time I say it I mean it; I'm not going to wait to the last minute to pack. Too late! My sister drove up from PA with a pickup truck on Thursday night of last week and we spent a few days with friends and then planned for the packing the truck on Saturday for the drive home. Thursday evening I took my sister to the Diplo and Major Lazer concert, Friday she spent part of the day walking around the city, some time at the office, and then off with a few of my friends to the Harpoon brewery. The Brewery to Brewery ride was scheduled for Saturday so there some "preparing" to do before the ride. I spent the last day at work right up until the last minute. I closed up shop as usual, tried to pickup around the office, and adorned a few of the views of Boston. I mentally let the exposure time go for awhile and hopped there was enough memory to retain the still image. I meandered my way to the South End to meet up with friends that were returning from the Harpoon brewery. Last walk by the South End Buttery for awhile, I though to myself and immediately corrected my approach. There are never last times, only first times without a followup. Nothing like having someone just ask you to put out your hand, saying yes, and then receiving a random piece of Budd. It was dropped off by someone "courtesy of blah blah blah." Wow.

Saturday the truck packed and there is where I would love to post pictures of the full size F-250 with an extended cab filled with my junk. Maybe make a joke about an apartment on wheels or how pickup trucks somehow facilitate the simple philosophy embraced by many country folk "git-er-done." I'll touch on neither because as I left my apartment I made a wrong turn, went to turn around (couldn't one way street), down around, a few lights, traffic, and finally back on track. There was no leaving without a little touch of the miraculously functional Boston proper traffic pattern. I was just happy the rain had stopped but only for a little while. As we found our way down 84 East the humidity levels were at atmospheric saturation levels, rain. We stopped and fueled up. We started fueling and unstrapping all of the tie-downs to lay out the trap to cover the goods. My sister and I had all the straps off, the trap out, placed strategically, re-strapped down and waited for the pump to stop. Ninety-four dollars and twenty-three cents later we had a full tank of petrol and back on the road.

(i'm going to have to finish this up later, its time for a ride) to be continued...

Don't you hate that!

Comments