Following the Script

Hello,

The last week was very productive. I have found health coverage, booked flights, received my UCI License and decided I should go, for sure.

Health coverage was much easier to find than I thought, there is a program through USA Cycling that one can purchase accident health insurance. Done.

My flights are also booked. I currently work at TA Associates, a private growth and equity firm, and they have been kind enough to allow me to use their travel company to book my flights. I will fly out of PHL on evening of June 29th and return in September. The neat part about my flight is I will be arriving in London around 9am on June 30th, a city which I have never been, so I am looking forward to spending the day checking out a few sights before I catch a flight around 5pm to Brussels. TA Associates is global and I've been offered to visit the London office and use it as a home base during the day if need be. Thank you TA! Travel Arrangements, done.

An additional puzzle that is required to bicycle race in the USA is a license. The license helps to create a more organized structure in which competitions are regulated and a methodology to encourage fair competition. In order to compete internationally a rider is required to purchase an international racing license through the Union Cyclist International (UCI). Thankfully I can purchase the license at home in the USA and the governing body will exchange info with the UCI and process my new license. I have already completed this step and my new license has arrived at my door :) International license, done.

It has been a beautiful weekend and with nearly 10 hours of riding between Saturday and Sunday I feel great. It has also given me some time to reflect on the transition I'm about to embrace. The number of people who have come together and offered support and guidance over the last few weeks has been overwhelming. Planning and preparing has been exciting but my trip is not without sadness. Three years in Boston and I have found myself with a few but close and terrific friends. Certainly a family and a huge part of my recipe for success. There is never a point in my life when I move forward and don't thank someone. To my friends and family, thank you :)

Comments