Hello,

So this is my first official post on a blog that I had intended to start nearly a year ago. My idea for the blog came about because I was on the verge of quitting my job and cycling across the USA. I purchased the maps, the bike trailer, the additional gear and I was ready for the ride across America.

Instead I quit my job in April and sat around my apartment. I rode my bike a lot, learned to make baguettes, and took endless amounts of online personality tests. It was also the start of a more serious interest in learning a second language, French.

Fast forward to the following year and I was in the same position only this spring was very different. Gert, Drew, and I were preparing for the ride of a life, the Tour of Flanders. It was April in Flanders and I was hooked. This is not so much a tale of what had happened but is about to become the documentary of an opportunity best described as, bombs away. It is the long flight to the target area, the seemingly lack of precision at which the multitude of explosive display is released. This is going to be my second flight to Europe (I've never even been to NYC) and I'm sure will it feel like days until I've reached my one and only way point, Belgium. My stomach and mind will be filled a vast array of emotions ready to flood me with dynamite like responses. Especially since I'll be running on an automatic system programmed according the American style of bike racing. Bike racing? Belgium? This is the ultimate combination of flavours and it's about to be offered to me as my main course.

Comments

  1. "The Adventures of Brandon in Belgium" - I can't wait to read all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ! I signed up for updates.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment