who moved my cheese?

The weather in Boston over the last week or so has been cool and rainy. The damp weather and cool temperatures have been lingering outside and inside my bike is in need of a bath. I attempted to pack up a few basic items around my apartment last night but something inside told me to just chill out. Normally the notion of relaxing is somehow work induced, riding induced, or alcohol related. Not this time, I had some unfamiliar emotions to deal with last night. Perhaps it was the act of packing or at least thinking about how I'm going to move all my belongings, that brought about a flood of concerns. Its almost as if subconsciously I know everything that is easy and familiar to me now is about to disappear. I've never doubted for a moment that we are creatures of habit and routine and probably for good reasons. How annoying would everyday life be if each morning you woke up you were someplace new? Maybe a story best told by the book "Who Moved My Cheese" but seriously my cheese is about to be gone! I least I know where I'm moving it to :)

These last three weeks I'm savoring the comfort and familiarity that has become my everyday life. Its going to be a whirlwind before I know it.

Comments