A casual evening in Aalst

Goedenmorgen!

Yesterday was delightfully relaxing. I sat around and drank some coffee, read, watched the tour, and mentally prepared for another weekend of racing.

I went and had some dinner last night with friends in Aalst. Pretty simple but it was very tasty. I even ordered a Triple Karmeliet which is rated "beste bier ter wereld."

Anyone following "de ronde van frankrijk" or should I say "le tour?" I was really gunning for Millar to take home a stage win, I think it would have done wonders for him. I was also surprised to see Boonen go down in the last few corners of the race, I expected him to be in better position, especially with a final with as many corners and rain slick roads. According to Sporza though he will be starting today.

Article here


Off to wash and prepare the bike for le weekend! It's flithy from training in and out of the rain all week.

Tot later! Salut!

Comments

  1. Good luck racing this weekend! Don't drink too much Karmeliet - leave some room for Westvleteren as well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're probably going to be my only friend who will know how to speak Flemish, good luck this weekend. We've got our regatta at Riverside and as of Monday, it's back on the water for me!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment