No Agenda

I awoke early today, well earlier than usual at 7am. I turned on my laptop, headed downstairs to grap a cup of coffee, and returned to computer for some early morning surfing and updating. I fired up mozilla and iTunes and waited for them to load, my computer is getting quit old at around eight years. Don't fail me now. I put iTunes on shuffle and hit play; The Matrix started playing some band in the drum'n'bass category. Probably the result of downloading random collections off of friends cd's, because downloading from the internet is illegal! Everyone knows that :)

Yesterday was an easy day, normally I take the day off but I needed a day of exploration with no agenda. So I geared up and left the house and went with the flow. Next thing I know I'm in a town called Gooik (pronounced; who-ik). I reached a point where I found myself to no longer be interested and I simply turned around and returned to my starting point. Then I tought about riding to the Denderpad. There is a river that runs very close to where I live, the name of the river is the Dender and along the river is a bike path (pad) hence de Denderpad. (sidenote: music is now a mixup with Frank Sinatra and Jurassic 5 on I love mashup vol. 2). After a few attmepts I finally found a little path, hardly wide enough for two cyclists, that leads me to entrance to the Denderpad (pic left). The thing I know two hours had gone by and I returned home. Happy and content in finding my way. Two weeks have passed and I'm feeling more like a local (well not exactly!).




In the afternoon we went shopping at Westland Shopping Centre, just outside of Brussels. We walked around and stopped at a few places. I tried on a pair of paints at Zara and nearly fell out of the changing room. When I placed my right leg into the corresponding pant leg I immediatly noticed the right pocket had been sewn to the rear of the pant leg. I put on my old jeans and headed out. Next I saw a cooking store and immediatly headed in. I was perusing a few books and found this one, petite cremes. My favourite style of dessert!

I just took a break and did something that envovles sinaasappelsap, I'll let you use your google skills to figure it out.



Tonight I'm going racing in Burst at 7:05pm. It's a 44km course and I plan on riding there which only about 23km away so a nice easy hour to get there and a few extra minutes for getting lost.

Well it's time to go to the supermarket and it is a beautiful sunny day here!

Belgie is een mooi land :)















Salut!

Comments

  1. Good luck with the race in Burst, can't wait to hear how it goes...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment