Reflection: Where am I?

Funny,

I wrote about the big question "where am I?" But I never really answered it. Certainly its a vague and perplexing question if the saut after answer must be perfectly defined. Defined in terms in such a way that with words, the description is a message of goals, ideals, and an individual's reflection of perfection. Of course if you look in the mirror you could easily answer the question of "where am I" with one word; here. When searching for an answer I like to also evaluate the opposite side of the question "where am I not?" Consider conforming information as well as non-conforming information. Well, I am not there, not in Germany, not in the U.S., not in the North Sea, not in space, not in a plane, not in a car, not in a bus, not in a tent, not in the garage. Therefore, I am here. And here should be all I need to be. In the moment, in tune with what is going on. Not thinking ahead or behind but being, here. There is something to said for the ability to be in the moment to be completely connected, mentally and physcially, with your immediate surroundings. The moment is now, here, where you are, doing what you do.

I'm also going to share an email that my dad sent to me, well actually two:

Brandon, the hardest thing about self employment is to discipline yourself. The reason self employment people fail is because disciplining yourself is the hardest thing to do.
What a lot of sucessful people do according to Ted Anderson from Crown Ford is , you have to play the candy game with yourself.
I will do this now, so that I can do something I want to do later. I will finish this job now, so that I can goof off later.
The important rule of this game is you make the task longer and harder each time before you give yourself candy. This is what an employer does.
I know what your are doing is not easy, but you can't get soldier to run into combat if your not tough on them.
Love Dad

and the second;

Brandon,

Relax... Remember this was going to be fun. And it is...clear your head,,,

trying must come from the heart not the mind...

Remember Rocky!!!!

love dad


Comments

  1. Your dad is awesome. I love the Rocky comment.

    Made me think about this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fp67geuhJM

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment