Solden! and Bruno!

Hallo!

The month of July in Belgium is the month of "solden." Another words all of the sales are only to happen at a certain time and the month of July is time for shopping. Yesterday it was off to a local bike shop (Van Eyck) to check out the sales and see if there is anything that I must have. I also picked up some supplies for our weekends of racing ahead. The ride there was wonderful, or should I write wonderfully wet...

This week has been scattered showers, I mean downpours, mixed with clouds and light rain. Training in Belgium is not all about working on your tan! It was only my second trip away from home alone and naturally it wasn't long before my trip became an adventure into the unknown. The moment I found Aalst I also become lost. Must have been all the round-abouts! I eventually found my way and found something I've been looking for some time;

A new saddle! Finally, because my ass has had enough of my current saddle! It was getting to the point where I was dreading getting on the bike just because it well, was starting to get very uncomfortable. Thankfully I found a San Marco Regal saddle in black for only 48 Euro (about 68 USD).








Success comes in many forms. Recently mine is in the shape of a rectangular sign. It means I've found my way home :)

The white stripped path closest to the edge of the road is a bike lane. They can be found almost everywhere and make getting around on two wheels very easy.

I also did a training ride with Nico in the afternoon and I must comment, he was cruising! I was just happy to stay in his wheel at times. Allez Nico!

I also went and saw Bruno last night. America hang on to your seats :) It was also a bit unique in that after the film was over everyone clapped. In America we just rush out the door!


Today is easy, easy, easy. Just hanging around the house, eating, resting, and studying some Dutch.

Comments