A visit to the docter


Goeiedag!

Today I visited the doctors office. I hate visiting the docters and I've put it far too long. A whole week of stomach pain and I was finally told it was time to go. I feel like I should only visit the doctors if I'm about to die. Otherwise I'll be fine, just need to rest. I was actually quite surprised by the visit. A quiet waiting room where as each person walked in they were greeted "goedendag." I can't imagine saying good day to each person that walked into a waiting room in the US. That would be a bit strange, I think. We arrived around 9:40am and waited until just after 10:30am which is when the office opened. We essentially parked in front of what appeared to be a house. Walked into the basement and found a waiting area and an office. No appointment and a room full of about 10 or 12 people. I should probably also mention that nobody "took a number" or was waiting for their name to be called. The order in which we saw the docter was based upon when you arrived. You simply noted who was already in the waiting room when you arrived. The doctor came to see his first client and the person before us, who arrived first, simply stood up and followed the doctor to his office. We then waited our turn and when the doctor arrived nobody moved. It was our turn and everyone knew it. I found this shocking because in the US we are the most impatient bunch even with appointments. During my wait I read an article about Dennis Menchov and his use of an SRM Powermeter. A tool used to measure a cyclists performance on his/her bicycle. It was interesting to read about his diet also. He eats a lot!

When is our turn we headed down a hallway and into the doctors office. We sat down behind a desk where the doc took down some basic info and listened to my issues. He understood English so no problems. In the same room as the computer/desk/chair was the examination table where I would later lie down and allow him to apply some pressure to various regions of my abdomen. Final conclusion; food poisoning. I don't know from what but my issues started after Plopslaland so that is where I pinpoint my blame. He assigned a prescription which we later picked up at the Pharmacy or Apotheek as it is called here. Total cost for the doctor visit; about 23 euro.

Here at the apotheek we picked up my prescription of a few drugs. Non of which were performance enhancing (darn) but they would make me feel better so that is performance enough for me. I take one pill daily for seven days and the others I take three a day before each meal. Voila. I'm already feeling better and I think by the weekend I should back in top form. Well not really but that would be nice :)


Veel plezier!

Comments

  1. I hope you did enjoy the day @ Plopsaland, even with the food poisoning :-)
    The kids enjoyed it very much, so get well soon.
    By the way, sure that it has nothing to do with the beers ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha...i loved reading about the patience in the dr. office! we are SOO impatient in the states! sweden is all about waiting in lines too...and im liek REALLY? how does this work so smoothly?!?!
    FOOD POISING?! YIKES! watch out there mr!
    xoxo.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment