Elites in Schellebelle

Sounds a bit Italian so I figured it couldn't be such a bad race. I rode to the race which ended up being about 35km from my house. I did about an hour and then packed it in. Something weird about excuses and sad feelings. Even at 50km/u they don't seem to leave your mind. I was trying to go as fast as I could so I wouldn't think about whatever was on my mind but it wasn't working. I've been starting to feel quite down and depressed. Something I've often experienced in the U.S. if I've trained hard for a few consecutive days I can start to feel really down and just sleepy. I felt like I could have pulled out of the race and just found a spot under a tree and went to bed. I normally find the cause of the problem to be low iron in my blood. If I take iron supplements I'm usually feeling much better in just a day or two. I'm going to check in the Apoteek tomorrow.

Otherwise it was a great race and a fun track. There was one 90 degree left hand turn though that had the peloton slowing to about 25km/u. Every time we arrived at the corner I thought "this is going to hurt." Then we all raced back up to speed. Within the first lap or so there was a group that got away and then there was the peloton. Even with the wind I found I could just ride where I wanted and it didn't phase me. For the first time 50km/u felt normal and I with some effort but without being in le pain cave I was able to follow the wheels. Just wish I wasn't so sleepy the whole time. I had fun though and enjoyed the beautiful weather. Yes, Belgium is still sunny with blue skies! I love it! There was one little dude and with every corner he would dive to the inside and try and make up a few positions. Wow, is that annoying! Also, what is with swaying a bike back and forth under hard effort? Are they too lazy to hold there bike straight? I wonder if it makes them faster? Maybe its the PRO look they are going for? Like in a sprint when the big boys apply so much force their bikes sway a bit. Ok, I'm down complaining. I guess if I was any better I would have been in the first group.

tot later!

Comments