I lied...

I figured I might take a few days off from updating my blog but I have to publish something for my loyal fans. Kopenhaven is not a city. It does not smell funny, I didin't see a lot garbage, it is very green, it has beautiful roads (mostly) for driving and especially for commutting around by bike. I have such an American idea of the word "city." I hear or think of the word city and I think of skyscrapers, loud noises, sirens, crazy traffic, and more cement than anyone would ever really need. I have to ask; American why did we have to be so different? American cities put a price or perhaps better described as a sacrifice on living and working in a city. Sure, we have everything, the city is huge, we've done what we appear to do best; mark our presence and scare the surface of the earth with buildings that test physics. Granted I haven't been all over Europe to see every city out there but most cities appear more, how should I say, comfortable, to live in than typical U.S. cities. We strive to have the biggest, the best, the nicest, the glamour, the overly rated but highly anticipated feeling of success written all over our work. Yet, by striving to be concerned with what appears to be a brillant final result we lack the small considerations in development and implementation that offer balance and pleasure in life. We are such a young society compared to Europe but someone had to visit this place before after a few years and say "wow, what a minute." "look at the problems that Europe is facing, we could prevent the same problems at home if change a few things now."

Comments

  1. Brandon, I'm really enjoying reading your comments about Copenhagen, I've always wanted to go...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment