Still sore!

I'm still quite sore from the little spill I had yesterday. I didn't sleep well either. For starters I woke up once because I thought my chain fell off. The good thing is though I didn't panic. Panicking only brings more pressure to the situation and I don't need any to do with pressure. I'm my own worse enemy regarding that topic anyway. I made another stop at the Apoteek today for a few more items. Flamingel which is somewhat simliar to a product in the US called Neosporon and some really cool elastic fish-net like product that you can cut and use to hold a bandage in place. I've always wanted to buy the stuff in the US for covering up road rash (I've done this before) but could never find. Here in the Belgium the highly demanded product by all cyclists with road rash is 60 cents a meter! 5 meters later and I'm sure I'll have enough for awhile.




Finally a new cycling computer! I still have not found my old computer and so off to the fietswinkel (fiets = bike; winkel= store) it was and I found myself a sweet 23 euro computer. I even set the language to Dutch to get the full effect. I also picked up some new handlebar tape (traditionally cork but now its synthetic) because some of it become a victim to the concept of friction. Much like the corner of my seat in the first picture. The white spot is suppose to be a little bit of high density foam covered with Italian leather. It too has see better days but I've had the saddle for almost two years and I've grown quite attached. I've probably spent more time with it than most of my friends.








I spent some additional quality time giving my bike a bath. It never fails to amaze me how dusty my bike gets after just a few days. Especially after racing. I'm usually a bit careless with drinking and water/cola/something sweet is usually spilled all over the bottom of the bike and acts like a swiffer. I pick up all the dust on my bike and the road is clean.







My bed is currently host to a dramatic get together of various medical, energy, and clothing accessories. I'm actually thinking I might just open my duffel bag and set it at the end of my bed. I will then proceed to pretend I'm behind the wheel of a large Caterpillar bulldozer looking to empty a bunch of debris into a dump truck. Bombs away!



Comments

  1. Hope you're healing well!

    Btw, CVS now has the fishnet stuff in 2 different diameters: one for legs & knees, and one for wrists and elbows. I've already tried them both :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brandon. Here's a quick run down of my race on Friday, given your 49th out of 50 finish, I felt it was very appropriate!
    The race was the US Master's Rowing Championships. I had decided to compete in the lightweight division, feeling that it would be a smaller class, and would give me a slight edge, so I lost 6 pounds over a 3 week period. Well the good news is that, I made the weight and competed as a light weight and as a strategy I have to say that was a good thing to have done. I needed to be 160 lbs. or under and I weighted in Friday morning at 159.2!
    Although I lost my heat, I ended up coming in 6th out of 7 overall meaning that I moved into the finals that same afternoon! (there were six lanes for the race).

    In the final I was last ;-(

    That's okay because I never thought I would even make it to the final, and the person I beat, I beat by 12 seconds, my time was 4:32. With the final I did not row it as quickly as I know I could have but I steered a straighter course. All in all I accomplished what was a reasonable goal. got a ton of GREAT experience that I know will payoff in the future...and competed at a level of competition that I had never experienced before and performed reasonably well..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment