naked

After taking my sister to the Emergency Room this morning for some strange and bizarre swollen lip issue it was time to handle stripping my bike down to the frame. My sister awake looking as though someone punched her in the lip while she was sleeping. Now this could have happened but I'm betting more on some strange allergic reaction she had. We arrived at the ER around 9am and by 1:30pm we were finally back out and of to the pharmacy to pick up some drugs. So much for super efficient Mr. America. I really wanted to take a picture of my sister but she didn't find it very funny.

One complete 2007 Specialized S-Works Tarmac SL. My mission begin after I took a few pictures to remember the bike became part of dream come true for me. When I realized my frame was cracked I felt a big part of me sink. I mean its just a bike, a material non-living thing, but together I've never felt more alive. We've spent a lot of time together and naturally it has become an extension of my personality.



About thirty minutes later this was all that remained. One very naked bike frame. Stripped of its very mechanical nature and left to hang alone. It reminds me of a western film when someone is put up to be hung. They hang there from a rope, looking before themselves prior to their last moment. My bike hangs from the work stand with a similar disposition. Never to be ridden again. I'm letting go of a piece of my summer in Belgium.



The frame will go back to Specialized and remaining parts will stay with me and will be mounted on the new frame.

Comments