My three day job

So, I had a job and for three days went to training to sell some radiant barrier product that goes in your attic of a house. All sounded great but the more I learned about the business structure I was working in I started to find it a little questionable. I also have huge doubts about calling around and doing the whole selling thing. I tried to call some friends to setup "practice" appointments but it just felt strange and I wasn't comfortable with it. With such a small town environment I decided it wouldn't be all that great if suddenly I became "that guy" that nobody wants to talk to because they all know I just want to sell them something. Which is not to say I'm discounting sales because sales are everywhere and they are important to educating prospective buyers on products. They are also responsible for bringing valuable products to our attention.

The good news is I'm still riding at least two hours a day. In addition I'm performing some strength training for the legs and the core. I have a 20 minute yoga/core video that I watch and I've noticed I'm much more comfortable on the bike because of it. I think the stretching and core strength are really improving on some weak points I had previously. I'm also starting to get my weight a bit more under control and it has stopped fluctuating so much. For a few weeks I couldn't even maintain a constant body weight. I think it was a complete change of environment again that sent me into a bit of a rollercoaster ride.

I was about 1k from my house yesterday after an easy ride when my neighbors dog came hurling out from around the side of the house. A few year old yellow labrador and let me tell you it was moving! Maybe in Dutch you would write "het was goed spoed maken" I don't know, but whatever the expression is I haven't sprinted that hard in a long time! This dog was smart too, it was weaving its way through the neighbors yards, dodging kids toys, swing sets, and just when I thought I lost it I looked over the corner of my shoulder to see a yellowish blur ripping through some shrubury with a diaginal trajectory and me in the crosshairs! I didn't have enough of a gap between the dog and I to make it to my front door and risk having it be locked. There would be no way I was going to be fumbling with my keys when I knew I only had about 15 seconds to make entry. I actually ended up talking to the dogs owner, who said she is a super friendly and really just likes chasing things but you can never be to sure.

So back to some job hunting and training as usual. I'm super pumped for Gent to be hosting the "I love Techno" show coming up this 24-Oct, I guess thats tomorrow! I've been listening to Don Rimini's I love Techno remix for the last couple of days and getting pumped! I hope StuBru's Mish Mash has some great new mixups to lead up to the event as well.

Enjoy the show Gent :)

Comments