Herbalifes, Third place in W.A.O.D. Open Belgium Championships!

With the quickness...

After a hard fought race with almost 90 riders, wind, rain, and slippery roads, The Herbalifes Cycling Team brought home 3rd place! The high winds kept the race together and Nico and I fought for space on the road as each one of us took turns trying out the dirt and gravel along side. A 12 lap race, 77km, a max speed of 56.8km/h and an average of 42.6km/h. With two laps two go I went to the front to set the tempo. I was soon joined by Nico B. who also helped out a bit. It's fun to ride tempo at the front and watch the attacks come from either side of you only so they can return to bunch tired. I spent a good half-lap chasing down last years Belgium champion for the serious. He was all alone out front and it took a solid effort to bring him back. Herbalifes road great as a team and with Nico and I keeping the speed high it set for a sprint finish. Nico Savat finised with 3rd place!

Ok off to Gent (sorry for the delay Jan!)

tot ziens! salut!

Comments

  1. Wow! That's GREAT and very respectable for a finish! That's what teamwork and persistence will get you. That's right, throw a real scare into them especially for next time.
    Tomorrow I go to the surgeon for my 5 week post surgery visit, I hope he will tell me that it's healing great because I have been pushing the envelope just a bit...and I'd hate it if he said lay off (I don't understand these words!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment