Geen idee....

I have no idea what to write about today. Or yesterday for that matter. I managed to plan a trip to Denmark in a week or so. Racing for the weekend is most likely on Saturday. No plans for Sunday. Coming off a week of being sick I'm not expecting much. However I did do a training ride yesterday afternoon and went pretty hard with positive results. Today my legs had the perfect feeling. Snappy. The easiest way for me to determine my fitness is by going up stairs two at a time. The moment I launch for the second step I know what kind of race I could have. If I'm light on my feet and easily fly up naturally its good. There is always the case though that I'm solid at first with no reserves. This is not good. In a race it is matching the initial acceleration with ease and then finding you can't pull through or repeat the effort. Ideally I want to be able to match and repeat. Racing is a series of efforts or "blocks." Each block could last a 30 seconds or 2 or 3 minutes. A block is solid effort. Cranking out consistent power to stay with a group or to get away. Different from an interval which is an all out 110 percent effort. Saving nothing for later. A sprint in the final is a good example.

Not to change the subject but I also applied for a few jobs today. A few in Brussels and a few in Amsterdam. Most applicants in the Brussels region require English, French, and Dutch. I've also compiled a list of American companies in Brussels to continue searching for later. I suppose I'm just trying to get my info out into the working world to see what will happen. If I'm not making any headway on the racing front might as put some effort into finding some work. Bike racing will never pay the bills.

Good night all

Comments