Well, tomorrow I fly home to U.S.. I don't really know what to say. I feel fortunate for the opportunities I have been given and very lucky to have made such terrific friends in such a short amount of time. Even if I hadn't had such a great family around me here in Belgium, I could have counted on the the beer, it is just plain delicious.









I don't have any crazy plans for my birthday today. Dinner with friends and a some great stories to recall. I mean really that is what is is all about. I think great friends don't always need to plan wild parties and events that are one in a million. An afternoon or evening, a beer or two, and lots of great memories is all it takes to stay connected.







As I start to pack I'm recalling what I brought with me. Two pairs of jeans, seven t-shirts (well 8 I bought one more here), four pairs of socks, five pairs of underwear, one rain jacket, one light weight jacket, one sweater, one long sleeve shirt, one polo shirt, one sport coat, and three pairs of shoes. Some cycling gear, a helmet, one bike, a few small tools, an extra saddle and pedals, and two tires (which are worn out and will not come home with me). I didn't bring a picture of my family of set on my nightstand, which I would have liked to have done. I was just thinking of all the stuff I have at home and never use. What is all of it for?




V.S. zie je straks

Comments

  1. Brandon - Happy Birthday!

    I'm sure that your Belgian friends are sad that you are leaving. Us here in the US however...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks man for all the wonderfull moments. Memories that will last a lifetime. Good luck in everything you do and I hope that are paths cross again in the future.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment